Thursday 2 March 2017

JAI GURUDEV

Q:  I have come here far from our home to study, but I feel lonely. I have friends. Still, I feel something is missing. What should I do?
 

Sri Sri Ravi Shankar: 

You have asked the right question. How many of you feel lonely here? Raise your hands. (Many in the audience raise their hands). So many of you are feeling lonely? Then, you definitely must do the Happiness Program. Meditate and work towards eliminating the loneliness of others. If so many people are feeling lonely, then why don't you get together and talk to each other? That will bring you a great sense of belongingness.

Understand one thing, as long as you are working towards building a career, don't get into developing any long-term relationships. If you fall in love with someone, then your studies will suffer. You are young right now. First, make a strong career for yourself, and then you will get good friends and company. If you have a weak career, then your friend circle will also be similar. While you are here, focus completely on your career, and keep celebrating, participating in events, music, and dance.

All those of you who are from outstation, exhibit your talent, your regional dance, music, and drama collectively. We can have a national cultural festival here. There is so much talent here, which comes from far away; you can really spread and share what you have with others. If you do yoga and meditation, it will eliminate your loneliness, and you will have a sense of belongingness.

I travel to so many places in the world. I never feel that I have come to someone else’s place. Wherever I go, I become one with them. Similarly, you have come here, see what you can learn from this place. If you go to see, Kota provides for food, shelter, clothes, and enthusiasm. In every house in India, there is a stone from Kota. People wear clothes made in Kota and eat kachoris (fried, stuffed food) from Kota.

No comments:

Post a Comment