Thursday 11 December 2014

BHAGWAD GITA CHAPTER 1

BHAGWAD GITA

★Chapter 1★

THE YOGA OF DEJECTION OF ARJUNA

《1-47 Verses》

Shloka 30

"gandivam sramsate hastat tvak caiva paridahyate
na ca saknomyavasthatum bhramativa ca me manah".

The bow , Gandiva, slips from my hand and my skin too burns all over, my mind is whirling, as it were , and I can no longer hold myself steady.

Shloka 31

"nimittani ca pasyami viparitani kesava
na ca sreyo'nupasyami hatva svajanam ahave"

And , Kesava , I see omens of evil , nor do I see any good in killing my kinsmen in battle.

Shloka 32
" na kankse vijayam krsna na ca rajyam sukhani ca
kim no rajyena govinda kim bhogair jivitena va"

Krsna , I do not covet victory , nor kingdom, nor pleasures. Govinda  , of what use will kingdom or luxuries or even life be to us!

....to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment